Michael F. Ryan Jr. is an Associate with Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC and a member of the firm’s Alternative Dispute Resolution and Special Masterships Teams. He focuses his practice working with the firm’s Special Mastership in Prison Monitoring Team for the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, responsible for monitoring prison reform compliance and progress in the implementation of mandatory mental health screening, diagnosis and treatment of prisoners throughout the California prison system.
As a result of his achievements and skills, Attorney Ryan was selected by his peers and named a 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch in the area of Alternative Dispute Resolution. He is a skilled legal researcher and writer with proficiency in assisting clients in complex commercial litigation matters. His experience also includes assisting in negotiations with municipal and state government agencies regarding economic incentives for Opportunity Zone real estate development. Attorney Ryan previously worked as Manager of Public Affairs and Government Relations for a lobbying and communications firm.
Attorney Ryan earned his J.D. from the University of Massachusetts School of Law, summa cum laude, where he was Executive Notes Editor of the Law Review. He graduated from the University of Rhode Island, summa cum laude, with a B.A. in Political Science and is a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Attorney Ryan is admitted to practice in Rhode Island.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Special Masterships
- Rhode Island
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, 2023
University of Massachusetts School of Law
- J.D., summa cum laude, 2018
- Executive Notes Editor, University of Massachusetts Law Review, (May 2017 – May 2018)
- Student Fellow, Community Development Clinic (August 2017 – December 2017)
- Instructional Assistant, Prof. Richard Peltz-Steele (August 2015 – May 2016)
- Publication: Too Clever by Half: Commanding the Nonuse of State Authority to Regulate Health Benefits in the ACA, 12 U. MASS. L. REV. 326 (2017).
University of Rhode Island
- Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association Business Organizations Committee
Receive Our E-News
“What is extremely unique about PLDO is that they are great lawyers who actually care about me and my business. They make me feel as if I am the most important client in the firm and I am certain that all of their clients feel the same way. ”
President, The Droitcour Company