Rhode Island – August 20, 2020 – Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC (PLDO) is pleased to announce that several attorneys in multiple practice areas have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the Providence/Metro Region and Massachusetts. Best Lawyers® compiles its annual lists of outstanding attorneys by practice area and geographic location by conducting peer reviews in which hundreds of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
In addition, the firm announced that PLDO Principal Matthew A. Lopes Jr. and Associate Patrick J. McBurney have received special designations by Best Lawyers®. Attorney Lopes has been recognized as the 2021 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for his government relations practice. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan location is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” The award reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity. PLDO Associate Patrick J. McBurney has been named to the inaugural list of Best Lawyers “Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch” for his litigation practice. The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch award recognizes “extraordinary lawyers who have been in private practice for less than 10 years in the U.S.”
The list of all PLDO lawyers and their practice areas selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America follows:
- Kas R. DeCarvalho – Corporate Law
- William P. Devereaux – Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Joel K. Goloskie – Health Care Law (Massachusetts)
- Matthew A. Lopes Jr. – Government Relations Practice and Mediation
- William E. O’Gara – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment, and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers
- Gary R. Pannone – Administrative / Regulatory Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Health Care Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Nonprofit / Charities Law, and Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Matthew C. Reeber – Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Patrick J. McBurney – Commercial Litigation
Since its first publication in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
For information about PLDO, visit www.pldolaw.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.