Rhode Island – August 19, 2021 – Pannone Lopes Devereaux & O’Gara LLC (PLDO) is pleased to announce that ten attorneys in multiple practice areas have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 in the Providence/Metro Region and Massachusetts. Best Lawyers® compiles its lists of Best Lawyers and Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch by practice area and geographic location by conducting peer reviews in which hundreds of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch attorneys are those lawyers recognized for their “outstanding professional excellence” who have been practicing for less than 10 years.
In addition, the firm announced that two PLDO principals, Gary R. Pannone and William E. O’Gara, have been named Best Lawyers® “Lawyer of the Year” in Rhode Island. Attorney Pannone was selected for his business practice and Attorney O’Gara for his employment law practice. Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan location is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” The award reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
The list of all PLDO lawyers and their practice areas selected by their peers for recognition in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 follows:
- Kas R. DeCarvalho – Corporate Law
- William P. Devereaux – Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Joel K. Goloskie – Health Care Law (Massachusetts)
- Brian J. Lamoureux – Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Matthew A. Lopes Jr. – Government Relations Practice and Mediation
- Patrick J. McBurney – Commercial Litigation (Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch)
- LaTri-c-ea McClendon-Hunt – Alternative Dispute Resolution (Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch)
- William E. O’Gara – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment, and Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers (Lawyer of the Year: Employment Law – Management )
- Gary R. Pannone – Administrative / Regulatory Law, Corporate Compliance Law, Corporate Governance Law, Corporate Law, Health Care Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Nonprofit / Charities Law, and Securities / Capital Markets Law (Lawyer of the Year: Securities / Capital Markets Law)
- Matthew C. Reeber – Litigation – Labor and Employment
Since its first publication in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become regarded as the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice. Based on exhaustive peer-review evaluation, its methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional capabilities of their colleagues in the same geographical and legal practice areas.
For information about PLDO, visit www.pldolaw.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.